Re: [linux-lvm] kernel BUG at dm-snapshot.c:986!

Quoting "Heinz J . Mauelshagen" <mauelshagen sistina com>:

> that code has changed recently. Have you tried if public device-mapper
> cvs  fixes it?
>
> Keep in mind, that code is under construction there!

Heinz,

Thank you for your reply.  Could you provide a pointer or to as to how to
try the CVS device-mapper?  I just checked out the tree and the patches
look the same as those that are in the release tarball (0.96.08).  I'm
assuming I have to do something with the dm-ioctl.[ch] files found under
the kernel directory in the device-mapper CVS tree as that is where I
noticed a lot of activity last month.  Do I just copy these manually into
my kernel tree or is there something else that needs to be done as well?
(Or do you know if there will be a new set of kernel patches cut soon?)
Thank you for your time and patience.

--
---max kalika
--max lsit ucsb edu