Re: [linux-lvm] where do i find the device mapper/LVM2 documentation?

On Fri, May 30, 2003 at 12:02:39AM +0200, jon+lvm silicide dk wrote:
> i am planning to write my own targets as a graduate project.
> My idea was encryption and possibly compression as well.
> (is anyone else doing any of these targets?)

This is an idea that quite a few people have come up with, but as far
as I know nobody is following up on it.  I'd suggest you start with
the encryption target, I think that's slightly easier since you can
arrange for the encrypted data to be the same size as clear.  You
should then use the end_io() method to catch the buffer_heads after
they've read the encrypted data and decrypt it there.  The dm side
should be very simple, yell if you have any questions.

- Joe