[linux-lvm] Re: One PV destroyed - now the whole VG isn't working anymore

Samuel Leuthold sam at asgard.ch
Mon Nov 3 15:56:02 UTC 2003

Hello

I have the same Problem as Sebastian. I have 3 disks in my LV. The third one
has badblocks. The Data isn't nessecary on this disk.
So can i release the third disk from the LV, reformat and rebind into it
without loosing the data on disk1 and 2?? And what about the reiser? Is it
consistent after this "hack"??

disk1 /dev/hdb
disk2 /dev/hdc
disk3 /dev/hdd  <-- the faulty one and the last joined to the LV

Can i do it with these commands?? What is different? Whats the meaning of
the "0" in storage\0 ??

mkdir /etc/lvmtab.d
cp /etc/lvmconf/storage.conf /etc/lvmtab.d/storage
echo -ne "storage\0" > /etc/lvmtab
vgchange -ay storage

Please help... i don't want to lose 240GB!

Thanks for help!
Samuel

Message: 5