[linux-lvm] LVM and RAID

Wojtek wojciech at btclick.com
Sat Nov 8 15:10:01 UTC 2003

Hi Everybody,

I tried it exactly as Martin says and it works until you try to reboot. On
my Red Hat 9 soft RAID would not be restarted since my entry in fstab is in
the form:
/dev/testvg/mylv   /export/home  ........

I found the work around for that issue ie: since rc.sysinit looks for md
entry in fstab you need to set INFSTAB variable =1 in rc.sysinit then soft
RAID will start and your LVM file system will be mounted.

Since I'm new to the group I hope I'm not saying obvious things. I only had
to do that to get mirroring  since I wasn't able to install LVM2 on Red Hat
9.

Regards
Wojtek