[linux-lvm] how do i recover "lost" vg info?

Jan Rhebergen jan at rhebergen.net
Tue Nov 11 14:28:01 UTC 2003

Some additional information regarding my earlier posting:

Seems like there is some configuration backup present in /etc/lvmconf/vg.conf detailing some information of the "lost" vg. It give the VG UUID, Free and Alloc PE etc. Unfortunately the reported free PE size does not seem as I remember it. It says there should be 10GB allocated and about 27GB free. As I remember it I allocated all.

I don't dare to use this config file to "restore" things for fear of breaking things even more and thwarting my chances of a complete recovery.

Opinions?

regards,

Jan

--
Message originates from the laptop of:
  J.B Rhebergen, Scientist EM Effects, TNO-FEL