Re: [linux-lvm] Performance problem.

hmm... could it be the reboot solved it?  Hasn't for me, you could try running the box for a while, then testing, to see if it needs a reboot every now and then or something like that.

"(unless the moving and jerking of cables somehow fixed a problem I didn't know of)"
could be noise on the cables I suppose, though I doubt that, especially considering I'm experiencing the same thing, and I've replaced the cables fairly recently.