Re: [linux-lvm] reiserfs_resize and lvreduce

On Saturday, 22 November 2003, at 16:06:06 +0100,
Tobias Wagener wrote:

> I want to reduce a LV. My question is, will reiserfs_resize move used
> blocks in the "reduce"-area on my LV to unused blocks? Or must I do this
> for my own by hand? And if how?

I always do it by hand , firts reducing the filesystem to the desired
final size (using resize_reiserfs) and then reducing th LV size to
something larger than the above.

I usually try "lvreduce" with "--test" first, to see the final LV size,
and check if it is larger than the filesystem, and the repeat the above
command once I am sure it will not break anything.

Greetings.

--
Jose Luis Domingo Lopez
Linux Registered User #189436     Debian Linux Sid (Linux 2.6.0-test9-mm5)