[linux-lvm] One drive dead. How do I restore the LVM

Hi,
I was asked to repair an old Server with 5 SCSI HD's as a LVM (Suse 8). \sde
died due to a head crash. After booting, I get a maintainance Mode and / is
mounted ro. I can still mount it rw, but a LVM Volume is not detected.
There are no important Files on the System as it mainly worked as a Router,
but i'd rather not set up the System from scratch.
So how can I restore the LVM Group? Is it possible to restore missing files
with Yast?

Thanks!
Hendrik