Re: [linux-lvm] LVM across network

Spam wrote:

  I  doubt  any  network  filesystem  will  allow  you to disconnect a
  machine  and still be able to operate.

I have been eyeing Coda for a while now and it looks like it does exactly that. I'm not sure about the storage requirements, though. It appears it may need two full mirrors worth for the replication, but they can be spread out over a WAN if need be.

http://www.coda.cs.cmu.edu/index.html

iSCSI RAID, anyone?

http://www.simplesan.com/products/iscsiarrays.htm

   / Rickard Olsson,IT-Konsult/