[linux-lvm] Can an LVM be mounted read-only on a foreign system that has samevg name?

I haven't been able to tell if this is possible yet or not.  I have
LVM (1) under SuSE 8.2 and would love to be able to insert that
disk into another machine WITHOUT having to export the vg and somehow
mount it.  Well... in reality what I have are full disk image
backups and I would like to mount the filesystem (reiserfs) under
one of the lv's of the image via the loop interface.

Possible??