[linux-lvm] Re?: [linux-lvm] Virtual File Drivers for a VoD(Video on Demand) application Project

Le 15.10.2003 18:46, Greg Freemyer a écrit?:
On Wed, 2003-10-15 at 05:21, balasubramanya wrote:

> Some of the File System specifications are as follows:
>
>   Block size : 4096 bytes
>   Large File size: 1 G byte
>   Number of Maximum Large files: 1M

1 GB per file with a million files is an Exabyte.  That is certainly
pushing the limits of todays technology and is not supported in any
released vanilla kernel.org kernel.  I believe it is supported by the
2.6.0-test series of kernels, but I have not heard of anyone building
filesystem that big yet.

I think 1Gb per file with 1M files is "only" one Petabyte?

--
Regards
		- Jean-Luc