Re: [linux-lvm] Re: LVM ext3 support

How would you suggest making it writable?

--
Anthony Mayes
UNIX Server Administration
Måns Rullgård wrote:
anthony mayes <anmayes siue edu> writes:

I am running Redhat 9 with kernel 2.4.20-20.9.  I am getting the
following errors when trying to mount an LVM snapshot:

EXT3-fs: INFO: recovery required on readonly filesystem.
EXT3-fs: write access unavailable, cannot proceed.

I saw a thread on redhat.com that said a kernel patch is needed.  My

BS.  You are trying to mount a non-clean filesystem on a read-only
LV.  I don't know why your LV is read-only.  You should find out why
it is, make it writable, and run fsck on it.  After that, you should
be able to mount it.