[linux-lvm] LVM1 and a dying disk

Rickard Olsson richie at webhackande.se
Wed Sep 3 04:40:02 UTC 2003

Heinz J . Mauelshagen wrote:

> you say that you don't have a recent LVM metadata backup reflecting
> your VG with /dev/ide/host0/bus1/target0/lun0/disc in it ?

Well, possibly. Many of the files could be rescued off the damaged root
file system, even if the directory structure was shot. What file(s)
would I be looking for? There's 18487 numbered directories in lost+found
with a large number of subdirectories - but if I have a name to go on, I
may be able to find something useful in there.

    / Rickard Olsson,IT-Konsult/
   / Telefon: +46 70 635 01 42/
  / http://www.webhackande.se/