Re: [linux-lvm] LVM1 and a dying disk

Heinz J . Mauelshagen wrote:

you say that you don't have a recent LVM metadata backup reflecting
your VG with /dev/ide/host0/bus1/target0/lun0/disc in it ?

Well, possibly. Many of the files could be rescued off the damaged root file system, even if the directory structure was shot. What file(s) would I be looking for? There's 18487 numbered directories in lost+found with a large number of subdirectories - but if I have a name to go on, I may be able to find something useful in there.

   / Rickard Olsson,IT-Konsult/
  / Telefon: +46 70 635 01 42/
 / http://www.webhackande.se/