[linux-lvm] Devices seen twice - how does LVM handle ?

For reasons too complicate to explain here our SAN configuration is
broken. The effect is that linux sees the san disks twice. The originally
installed 'vgscan' was responding with a segfault to this situation.
After the installation of the latest release (1.0.7) vgscan is fine
and the volumegroup comes up.

However, does LVM handles this situation (disks visible twice) nicely ?
or should I continue to use my workaround (pull a fiber) to make sure
the disks are visible only once ?
- Are there risks of corruption ?
- What happens if the path the LVM happens to use breaks, but the other
is still up. Will LVM handle fail-over ?

Markus

--
  Markus Baertschi             Phone: ++41 (21) 807 1677
  Bas du Rossé 14b             Fax  : ++41 (21) 807 1678