Re: [linux-lvm] Single snapshots do weird things?

On Tue, Sep 16, 2003 at 08:08:51AM +1000, Glen Harris wrote:
> Now, when I copy 2Mb onto the filesystem and create an 8Mb snapshot,
> it's immediately flagged INACTIVE, "Allocated to snapshot" is 100%
> and is not mountable.

Thanks for those diagnostics: I'll look into this further tomorrow.

Stick to using read/write snapshots for now.  With read-only ones,
it seems the COW device is incorrectly getting set read-only.

 # dmsetup info vg0-snap0-cow
 Name: vg0-snap0-cow
 State:             ACTIVE (READ-ONLY)

Alasdair