[linux-lvm] Single snapshots do weird things?

Glen Harris glen at gbrmpa.gov.au
Mon Sep 15 18:13:01 UTC 2003

Hey, that fixed it! I've created 5 snapshots with copying/deleting
files in between, and they've all worked!

Well, except for one. I copied a file and took a snapshot and the file
wasn't in the snapshot. Running sync and making another snapshot *did*
have the file, though.

Is it mandatory to sync the filesystem before taking a snapshot?

--
| Nine megs for the secretaries fair,      | One disk to rule them all,     |
| Seven megs for the hackers scarce,       | One disk to bind them,         |

If you have received this transmission in error please notify us immediately
by return email and delete all copies. Any unauthorised use, disclosure or
distribution of this email is prohibited.