[linux-lvm] Migrate from LVM1 to LVM2...

Rickard Olsson richie at webhackande.se
Fri Sep 19 09:10:01 UTC 2003

Eddahbi Karim wrote:

> I'm working with a Gentoo system, vanilla source 2.4.21 + preempt.
> gcc 3.2

I just compiled the device-mapper into the kernel (same place in
menuconfig as RAID, EVMS and LVM - I used the 2.4.22-ac1 kernel), did an

emerge unmerge lvm-user

and

emerge lvm2

Note: You will need to either set the ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="~x86" flag in
make.conf or on the commandline just prior to emerging lvm2 since LVM2
is masked as experimental in Gentoo.

I had metadata problems so I didn't get LVM2 running perfectly, but the
commands are basically the same as in LVM1 so you should not need to
change any startup-files.

    / Rickard Olsson,IT-Konsult/
   / Telefon: +46 70 635 01 42/
  / http://www.webhackande.se/