Re: [linux-lvm] vgcreate problem

Qv6 wrote:

Hi,

I just created 2 PVs with the following commands:

pvcreate /dev/hda6

pvcreate /dev/hdb

When I ran vgcreate, I got this error:

vgcreate gentis /dev/hda6 /dev/hdb

vgcreate -- no valid physical volumes in command line

Any help to resolve this error will be appreciated.

Qv6

You might get this if /dev/hda6 and /dev/hdb are symlinks (for example, if you are using devfs).
Do an ls -l on those and see if they actually point to something like /dev/ide/host0/bus0/target0/lun0/disc.

If they are symlinks, calling vgcreate with the full, real path to those volumes would work. If that's not it, I'm stumped.

-Tupshin