[linux-lvm] Migrate to kernel 2.6 and lvm2 with root fs on lvm1

Kjartan Reynir Hauksson krh at os.is
Wed Apr 14 16:13:29 UTC 2004

True, it worked with Mandrake's 2.6.3 kernel.  So basically if anyone
want's to upgrade from Mandrake 9.2 to 10.0 with root filesystem on lvm1
this is what I did.
Point urpmi main to a Mandrake 10.0 repository
do 'urpmi --auto-select' which upgrades to Mandrake 10.0 packages
do 'urpmi lvm2'
do 'urpmi kernel-2.6.3-7mdk' to install a new kernel
reboot and select the new kernel during bootup to test the new kernel.

Thanks to Luca for making it so easy :)
-Kjartan

>>Kjartan Reynir Hauksson wrote:
>> I've written earlier on the same subject but never got it resolved so
I'm