Re: [linux-lvm] OS (Debian Sarge) reinstall led to my lvm partition being marked 82 "Linux swap!"

Just changing the partition type is perfectly safe - provided you don't change any other partition parameters! if the partition type is wrong then LVM1 will fail to recognise the VGs so that sounds like it is your problem.

-- patrick

Patrick,
Thanks for the advice. I was too afraid to try it, but after your input and some other people I know I gave it a shot and vgscan picked up the volume on the first try. Problem solved. I have also opened a bug with Debian over the potential issue with their new installer.
Thanks again,

-Mike