Re: [linux-lvm] About Extending LVM size with Hardware Raid

Clint Byrum wrote:

Side Note: if anyone knows of a cheap way to hotswap PATA disks, I'd
like to hear about it. Right now I stick 'em in a crappy old box with
those $2 removable IDE tray things, and have to reboot that box whenever
I'm done copying stuff to the disks. No big deal, but it seems kinda
cheesy. :-P

I don't think there's a reliable, safe way to hotswap PATA, and even if the hardware exists Linux doesn't support it well. Your best bet may be to get some cheap USB2 enclosures for them (one per drive :-)) and then you can hotswap to your heart's content.