Re: [linux-lvm] About Extending LVM size with Hardware Raid

> Sounds like the expensive version of my solution. ;-)
>

> Side Note: if anyone knows of a cheap way to hotswap PATA disks, I'd
> like to hear about it. Right now I stick 'em in a crappy old box with
> those $2 removable IDE tray things, and have to reboot that box whenever
> I'm done copying stuff to the disks. No big deal, but it seems kinda
> cheesy. :-P

It may be a little on the expensive side, but I use 3ware controllers in
combination with ICYdock trays.

Especially if you are doing Raid 1 or 5, it works great.  The linux
kernel doesn't even know you pulled a drive.

If your just doing JBOD, then it may or may not work.  Never tried it.

Greg
--
Greg Freemyer