[linux-lvm] Looking for RedHat Linux Help!!!

Title: Looking for RedHat Linux Help!!!

To Whom it May Concern:
    I found this addresss on a website.  I am a Linux novice with a big job at hand.  We are converting from VAX VMS to Linux and are transferring files to a server.  We have multiple users accessing files on the server.  How can we ensure that when A opens a file, that A has a write-lock on the file so if B opens the same file - B only has read access until A closes the file???  Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Molly