[linux-lvm] Re: pvcreate_name_from_kdev_t no VALID PV

Hello Heinz and fellow list members,

Earlier today, I posted with a problem with my PV's not being seen following a system crash. I've found the cause, but not a permanent fix. It looks like a bug to me. The system had a cd in its ide cdrom drive, but the cd was not mounted. When I removed the cd, I was able to pvscan, vgscan, and restore my previous vg configuration. No data loss; I'm very happy. But, I'm left wondering why/how an unmounted cd could cause LVM to fail to start. Should I report this as a bug to LVM? 3ware? ide-scsi kernel module? Any suggestions appreciated.

-Brian