Re: [linux-lvm] pvmove problem

On Sat, Aug 07, 2004 at 11:21:12AM -0500, BK Box wrote:
> I have a pretty lengthy explanation.. so i'll just post the link to it.
> http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic.php?t=206391

PEs in the source LVs will have to be split up to make them fit?

Quick answer:
LVM2 doesn't support this directly yet: it's being worked on.
Until it's done you need to edit the metadata [using vgcfg*]
to split the segments into smaller ones before running pvmove.
[Might also need to recompile disabling section merging code
which would undo your splitting.]

Alasdair
--
agk redhat com