[linux-lvm] fix lost vgda

Onni.Rautanen at tietoenator.com Onni.Rautanen at tietoenator.com
Thu Aug 12 14:23:16 UTC 2004

The disks used to be on another machnine and I found the vg autobackups from there. I was thinking about using vgcfgrestore to restore the vgda to the disks, do I need to do pvcreate first or should it work without that? And does the disk need to be using the same device node as before or how does it know which UUID to assign to the disk(Just wondering if I need to put the disks back to the old machine where the autobackup was taken)?

Onni Rautanen