[linux-lvm] Adding a new device to LVM

Hi, I am a developer on the IBM Total Storage Multipathing Subsystem Device Driver (SDD) at IBM.

We create /dev/vpathX devices, and LVM does not work with these devices. Here is a patch to the LVM source code to get LVM to work with our devices. What is the view in terms of getting this patch accepted into the mainstream code, especially since this is for some scum-sucking non-GPL proprietary driver.

(See attached file: lvm-1.0.3-15.ibm-vpath.patch)

Mr Ceri I Davies
ceri us ibm com