Re: [linux-lvm] Replacing a physical volume

Jetkins austinlogistics com wrote:

What will happen when the system reboots and finds /dev/sdb is now blank?
Will LVM get upset, or will it simply forget about the PV that used to be
there, so that I can create a new PV on a partition on the new disk
(/dev/sdb1)?

I've done this.

Once you pvremove the disk/partition, it is no longer needed. Unplug it, and reboot in runlevel 1 if you wish and you should see no errors.

Personally the whole physical volume concept needs reworking, but thats just my $0.02.
--
Michael T. Babcock