[linux-lvm] Regarding lvm and vgdisplay output

Hi,

I work in HP OpenView, and am interested in knowing about changes in vgdisplay output between lvm versions 1.0.1 and later versions.

This is important to me since in our management product we ship a 'Free Physical extents in volume group' monitor script, which relies on the output of vgdisplay to find the no. of free pe's in a volume group.

Kindly request you to help me out in this regard.

What i need to know is how the output of vgdisplay has changed in linux lvm versions 1.0.1 and later.

Also, it would be good to know the current lvm versions supported, as well as future roadmap for lvm.

If this is already documented elsewhere, kindly request you to point me to the location. Sorry for the bother in that case.

Thank you.

Ramkumar Devanathan

Software Technology Labs, STSD

Hewlett Packard India Software Operations

Bangalore

PHONE: (91)-080-2205-2219

Ecard: http://www.ecardfile.com/id/ramkumardevanathan

Find out what is happening in the ITRC and BSD Forums at http://forums.itrc.hp.com and http://bizforums.itrc.hp.com