[linux-lvm] pvmove on the same PV

Is it possible to move an extent from one position to another on the
same PV?  It used to be possible under LVM1.

The reason I ask is that a long time ago I wrote a sort of LVM
defrag/repacker program.  Basically it was a higher level interface to
the pvmove program.  I wrote it because when I would shrink a LV and
enlarge another on a mostly utilized VG the logical extents would end up
highly non-contiguous, especially after a few such re-organizations.

In any case, I was updating it for LVM2 today and it seems that pvmove
refuses to move an extent from one position on a PV to another position
on the same PV.  I guess I can work around this but it means lots of
wasted moves.  Also, I'd be happy to share this tool if anyone's
remotely interested, once I've updated it for LVM2.

Thanks,
--
Aran Cox <acox ia primustel com>