[linux-lvm] EXT3-fs: INFO: recovery required on readonly filesystem ?

Donald Murray, P.Eng. donald.murray at pason.com
Wed Dec 8 16:28:47 UTC 2004

We were seeing entries like this in /var/log/messages in May of this year.
It was not LVM related: I used lsof to see which files were open in the
original logical volume. MySQL was keeping an inode for a rotated log
file; once I added 'mysqladmin flush-logs' to logrotated, the problem
went away.

You should use lsof to see which files are open on your logical volume.
Perhaps you are having a similar issue.