Re: [linux-lvm] LVM and umount strangeness

Hi Tim,
On Wed, 01 Dec 2004 22:39:36 -0500
Tim Hibbard <hibbard ohio edu> wrote:
> I try to do a umount /dev/lvm/disks I get a message "umount: /dev/lvm/disks: not
> mounted" (even though it is).
 It seems that the volume is still mounted. You can check /proc/mounts for this.
"Not mounted" means "umount" cannot find a entry in /etc/mtab. You can
add the proper entry in mtab and try umount again.
 Btw, this is my 1st post in lvm list :)

--

Best regards,
David