[linux-lvm] Vgimport/export in Linux Servers

Hi Heinz Mauelshagen,

We are using Red Hat Advance Server 3. Filesystems are created using Volume Group. We have EMC disks connected to system using Emulex Card & Powerpath.

We move data from one system to other on HP servers using vgimport/export. Only it requires us to map those disks on another system. I would like to know if you have any document how to use vgimport / vgexport for doing this same method or mounting filesystems on another system if required.

Thanks,
Ameet