Re: [linux-lvm] PVs that are reused / reformatted as filesystems

Alasdair G Kergon wrote:
Could someone please give me a fish (tell me how to un-jam my LVM) and
maybe even teach the LVM drivers/utilities to fish as well?
Use pvscan / pvs -v to work out which devices you want to see and which you don't
then change the filter in /etc/lvm/lvm.conf so you only see the right ones.

Thanks Alasdair.

It looks like my problem is actually deeper than I originally thought;

# vgdisplay -v foobar
[snip]
  --- Physical volumes ---
  PV Name               /dev/hda2
  PV UUID               weM5FG-L0Li-Ir7y-0B2z-MJoq-tvAg-C2Q19E
  PV Status             allocatable
  Total PE / Free PE    16672 / 0

  PV Name               /dev/hda1
  PV UUID               85M9M7-QsLh-dVKf-xfU3-ua4h-Ks4h-QGrMhu
  PV Status             allocatable
  Total PE / Free PE    3578 / 26

  PV Name               unknown device
  PV UUID               PtbIxo-EmRo-ML7J-yhqx-gglD-ZayH-X6tuWE
  PV Status             allocatable
  Total PE / Free PE    4535 / 4535

Hmm, now how can I use vgreduce on an read-only VG to remove an unknown
PV?

# vgreduce --removemissing foobar

Gone.

--
Sam Vilain, sam /\T vilain |><>T net, PGP key ID: 0x05B52F13
(include my PGP key ID in personal replies to avoid spam filtering)