[linux-lvm]Re: corrupt /dev/lvm - bizzare properties

Chris Doherty <chris doherty adelaide edu au> writes:

>> > the filesystem can't be mounted (which is the really worrying part) so i
>> > can't fsck it.
>> >

>> A filesystem that is to be fscked can and may *never* be mounted when
>> performing an fsck. Usually all fsck tools won't do anything but stop if the
>
> oops, sorry my last statement was ambiguous.  what i meant was that the
> filesystem can't be mounted *and* fsck refuses to acknowledge that it is (or
> was?) a filesystem.

The filesystem containing /dev has been damaged somehow.  You should
fsck it.  Most likely fsck will remove /dev/lvm so you'll have to
recreate it with proper values.  Don't just rm it.  Something bad has
obviously happened and changing things without a proper fsck can make
things worse.

--
Måns Rullgård
mru kth se