[linux-lvm] LVM2 on top of RAID1? (x86_64)

I'm trying to setup a new box the same way my current box is setup. I've split the drives into two sections, one of which I'm combining into a RAID0 stripe, the other a RAID1 mirror set. (sorry for the redundancy.)

The Stripe seems to work fine. The mirror isn't getting past the pvcreate stage.

The system is mostly a FC1 test1 x86_64 box. I've got a stock 2.6.2 kernel compiled on it.

mkraid appears to have worked fine.
lvm pvcreate /dev/md1

appears to work, but

lvm pvs

complains about seeing 3 extra instances of the id, and decides that the PV is actually on /dev/sda (or /dev/sdb, depending on boot), not /dev/md1.

Um? Anyway to fix this? Help?

Thanks,
Doug
--