[linux-lvm] Re: LVM2 on top of RAID1? (x86_64)

Douglas Kilpatrick <kilpatds oppositelock org> writes:

> I'm trying to setup a new box the same way my current box is
> setup. I've split the drives into two sections, one of which I'm
> combining into a RAID0 stripe, the other a RAID1 mirror set. (sorry
> for the redundancy.)
>
> lvm pvs
>
> complains about seeing 3 extra instances of the id, and decides that
> the PV is actually on /dev/sda (or /dev/sdb, depending on boot), not
> /dev/md1.

I have a similar setup and ran into the same problem.  I solved it by
placing this in /etc/lvm/lvm.conf:

devices {
        filter = [ "r,hd," ]
}

That tells lvm to never look at a block device with "hd" in the name.
You should probably change "hd" to "sd".

--
Måns Rullgård
mru kth se