Re: [linux-lvm] lvm pvscan or vgscan very slow

Alasdair G Kergon wrote:
On Fri, Feb 13, 2004 at 03:28:19PM -0800, Ling Li wrote:

I guess the number of devices to be scanned is just too large (and my computer is also a very slow one). Is there some way to specify a narrower range of devices to be scanned in LVM2?

The filter lines in lvm.conf. See doc/example.conf and man lvm.conf.

Got it. The man page says lvm.conf is only loaded during the "initialization phase of LVM." Does this mean I have to reboot the computer for the new lvm.conf to be in effect? Can I just send some signal to some process?

--Ling