Re?: [linux-lvm] LVM 1 volumes and 2.6.2 kernel

Le 16.02.2004 15:21, AJ Lewis a écrit?:
On Sun, Feb 15, 2004 at 06:04:14PM +0000, Duncan Hill wrote:
Silly me decided a month or so back to migrate to 2.6, but I forgot
that I
had a LVM1 installation on my portable drive. Said installation
doesn't
seem to work now - even with dm-mod loaded, I get errors about
/dev/mapper/control.  What parts am I missing?

Fedora Core 1
2.6.2 kernel
lvm1 and lvm2 packages installed.

There is a script called devmap_mknod.sh in the device mapper tarball's
scripts directory - you need to run this script to create
/dev/mapper/control. I don't know for sure, but I'd guess that it is
included in the debian packages for device-mapper.

In sid, the script is part of the libdevmapper1.00 package, it is located in /usr/share/doc/libdevmapper1.00/

--
Regards
			- Jean-Luc