[linux-lvm] LVM startup takes too long

When I start up our system, I have a startup script that runs pvscan, vgscan
and lvscan, and parses their output.

This takes too long - with a small SAN - 1x6 disks FC jbod + 2 FC RAID
controllers, it takes roughly 45 seconds with pvscan and vgscan about 23
seconds each.

Its pretty obvious that with more storage it will take longer.

Any ideas how can I speed it up?
(can I run vgscan/pvscan in parallel ?, can I get all the data I need from a
single scan ?)

Thanks
Dan