Re: [linux-lvm] Future directions

Greg Freemyer wrote:

>I have read the Redhat is buying Sistina.

>Does anyone know what impact that is going to have on LVM development
>and on Cluster LVM?

Here is a quote from an on-line article that addresses this subject:

"All Sistina technologies will be made open source and available as part
of a subscription in the first half of 2004."  This was quoted from
http://www.techworld.com/news/index.cfm?fuseaction=displaynews&NewsID=815

Although it is not a direct quote of any Red Hat or Sistina official,
this statement reinforces Red Hat's commitment to open source.

Sincerely,

Ken Fuchs <kfuchs winternet com>