[linux-lvm] vgscan goes into an infinite loop (migration issues)

Navindra Umanee navindra at cs.mcgill.ca
Tue Jan 6 17:15:01 UTC 2004

Alasdair G Kergon <agk at uk.sistina.com> wrote:
> And there's a clue in that error message: the PV's UUID is meant
> to appear between 'PV' and 'on' - but it's empty.

Hmmm.  Does this help:

[navindra at vinata navindra]# lvm1-pvdisplay /dev/hda6
--- Physical volume ---
PV Name               /dev/ide/host0/bus0/target0/lun0/part6
VG Name               bytepool
PV Size               10 GB [20964762 secs] / NOT usable 32.19 MB [LVM: 129 KB]
PV#                   1
PV Status             available
Allocatable           yes (but full)
Cur LV                5
PE Size (KByte)       32768
Total PE              318
Free PE               0
Allocated PE          318
PV UUID               none

As you see, it claims there is no UUID.

> Please send me a copy of your metadata so I can try to reproduce
> the problem.

Thanks a lot for your followup!  I've sent the information you requested.

Cheers,
Navin.