[linux-lvm] recover from a disk crash with lvm/lvm2

[I posted this to the fedora list, but had no response, so I'm trying
again here.]

I had 2 disks together in one volume group with 4 logical volumes split
between them. On Sunday night one of the disks failed. I have backups so
this isn't a serious problem, but I'm curious to see if it's possible to
recover any data from the disk that is still working. So far I've had no
luck.