From: linux-lvm-admin sistina com [mailto:linux-lvm-admin sistina com] On
Behalf Of Trond Michelsen
Sent: Wednesday, January 14, 2004 12:44 PM
To: linux-lvm sistina com
Subject: [linux-lvm] removed disk without using vgreduce

Hi.

I've just screwed up my volume group, and I hope there's a way to fix it.

I recently had to change one of the disks in my system, so I added a new
disk, and used pvmove to move all PEs from the old disk to the new. Then I
mounted the LV to make sure that everything was fine. Then I shut down the
system, removed the disk and gave it away. Completely forgetting about
vgreduce. Obviously, now vgscan can't find all PVs belonging to the VG, so
it refuses to make it available. vgreduce can't remove a PV from a VG that
isn't available, so I'm a bit stuck now.

The original disk is now gone and reformatted, so sticking it back into the
system for a couple of minutes is not an option, unfortunately :( Is there a
way to let LVM know that this disk is no longer part of the VG, without
having it?

--
  // Trond Michelsen
\X/  mike crusaders no