[linux-lvm] JFS or XFS

Rajesh Saxena rs_404 at yahoo.ca
Fri Jan 16 17:55:02 UTC 2004

 --- Heinz Mauelshagen <mauelshagen at redhat.com> wrote:

> you need to apply the VFS-Lock patch from our web site to avoid your
> following 'trick'. That enables LVM to 'flush' all pending fs io
> before activating the snapshot.

ok I will have to look into that this weekend. Just to point something
out I am most likely looking in wrong place but I can't find patch for
kernel 2.4.21 here
http://tech.sistina.com/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/LVM/PATCHES/

> Another option is to try out LVM2/device-mapper which
> supports writable snapshots :)

I was under impression that LVM2 and device-mapper are dependant on
kernel 2.6 which I don't feel comfortable using for server. I am
curious which filesystem you prefer with LVM 1 since you are the "The
LVM Guy" =)