Re: [linux-lvm] JFS or XFS

On Fri, Jan 16, 2004 at 05:54:19PM -0500, Rajesh Saxena wrote:
> I was under impression that LVM2 and device-mapper are dependant on
> kernel 2.6 which I don't feel comfortable using for server.

There are device-mapper patches for 2.4 kernels for use with LVM2 tools.

Note that LVM1 snapshots are implemented differently from LVM2 snapshots
so you should drop any LVM1 snapshots before switching to LVM2.

(And Linus's 2.6 tree does not include snapshot support, as this is
still being tested.)

Alasdair
--
agk uk sistina com