[linux-lvm] LVM2 migration on 2.4.24 troubles - prepare for 2.6

Hello,

i tried to migrate my system to LVM2 on 2.4 before migration to 2.6
to avoid troubles with LVM. I got the newest device-mapper/LVM2 tools
and installed them alongside with a patched kernel and dm-mod.

When i try to "vgchange -ay" with device-mapper/LVM2 i get all of my lv's
except one! All my snapshots are also corrupt (I use snapshots intensively).

Back to LVM1 was no problem - everything running and Ok. On another
machine without snapshots moving to dm/LVM2 on 2.4.24 was no problem.

Are there incompatibilities regarding snapshots with LVM1/2?

The lvm level 9 log of vgscan/vgchange is attached (bz2 compressed).
Here comes the kernel output while activating with LVM2/dm:

$ rmmod lvm-mod
lvm -- Module successfully deactivated

$ modprobe dm-mod
device-mapper: 4.0.5-ioctl (2003-11-18) initialised: dm uk sistina com

$ vgscan --mknodes
  Reading all physical volumes.  This may take a while...
  Found volume group "vg00" using metadata type lvm1
  Found volume group "vg01" using metadata type lvm1
  9 logical volume(s) in volume group "vg00" now active
  47 logical volume(s) in volume group "vg01" now active

$ vgchange -ay
device-mapper: Invalid/corrupt snapshot
[...]
device-mapper: Could not create kcopyd client
device-mapper: error adding target to table
  0 logical volume(s) in volume group "vg00" now active
  15 logical volume(s) in volume group "vg01" now active

Regards
Axel Reinhold