[linux-lvm] Mivration from lvm1 to lvm2

Hi,

I plan to migrate from lvm1 to lvm2 to be compliant with 2.6.x.
I've Debian sid with linux 2.4.24 with the device mapper compiled as a module.

I've installed both the packages lvm10 and lvm2.

The device mapper module is loaded but the system seems to be using lvm1.

I have a couple of questions:
- What is to be done to switch to lvm2 ?
- I use lvm for / and I build and initrd with the lvmcreate-initrd tool. Such a tool is not part of lvm2. How can I create the initrd ? With the tools from initrd-tools package ?

--
Regards
			- Jean-Luc