[linux-lvm] /dev/hdx question

Hi.

I did a quick look through the archives, but couldn’t see anything, or even a search option.

I’m running a 1TB lvm volume with 8 hard drives.

I’m pretty new to lvm and I’ve never swapped stuff around before, and was wondering what would happen if I did.

I’d like to know if the /dev/ names changing will effect my volume/group.

Eg. If /dev/hdf and /dev/hdg swapped places, would it care?

I know all physical volumes have ids but thought id check just in case.

Thanks for your help.

Andrew..