Re: [linux-lvm] mirror setup with LVM

On Thu, Jan 22, 2004 at 01:02:35PM +0100, fabio_s inwind it wrote:
Hi all,

I have a redhat 9 linux already installed and I'd like to add a second disk to
be used as mirror.

I assume it's easy to do this during linux installation.

Does someone know how to do that without destrying data on the first disk?

create a degraded mirror on the second disk,
then either
 add this to the vg and pvmove all lv there, then remove the
 standalone disk and raidhotadd it to the array.
or
 create a new vg on the mirror, copy all data, remove the first vg,
 raidhotadd the disk.

L.